Peterson IT Consulting
Peterson IT Consulting recognises the importance of protecting the
privacy of all information provided by users of our websites and our
regarding the use of any information that may be collected in the course
of their dealings with us. We may make changes to this Privacy
Policy from time to time. If we do alter it we will notify you by
posting a message on this site or by emailing you directly as appropriate.
In this Policy we make reference to three main kinds of users and
customers - website users, newsletter subscribers and commercial
customers. These are defined as follows:
- website users: "web surfers" who access any of the Peterson IT
- newsletter subscribers: individuals and businesses who receive the
Internet Information Server Security Newsletter by email.
- commercial customers: individuals and businesses who receive any of
Peterson IT Consulting's security services or
other consulting services.
Peterson IT Consulting collects a variety of information which is
essential to provide and improve our services. The information we
collect may include:
- For website users:
- patterns of use on this site (such as user navigation techniques);
- technical information automatically collected by our webserver,
such as your IP address and the version of the web browser that you
- For newsletter subscribers:
- personal data such as your name, company information and contact
details will be collected as part of the registration process for the
Internet Information Server Security Newsletter.
- For commercial customers:
- detailed contact and business information will be collected from
customers of our commercial services.
Use of Information
- Technical data is used to help diagnose problems with our server and
to help administer and improve our website.
- Data on newsletter subscribers is used to enable delivery of the
Internet Information Server Security Newsletter and to better tailor the
newsletter content to the needs of our subscribers.
- Data on commercial customers is used for billing purposes and for
market analysis to better refine our portfolio of service offerings.
Information that is no longer current (eg: data on former subscribers
and customers) is purged on a yearly basis, but may be deleted on a more
regular basis if required. Some customer information may be retained
for longer periods of time if required by law.
Disclosure and Protection of Information
Peterson IT Consulting will not sell or disclose information which
identifies you to anyone else without your consent, except where it is
required to by law, such as for law enforcement purposes, collection of
unpaid accounts or where there is a threat to a person's safety.
From time to time we may provide some aggregated statistical
information relating to the use of your services to third parties but this
will not include any information which could be used to identify you or
No personal or commercial data is stored on our webserver.
Contacting Peterson IT Consulting
Naturally, it is in our interest to protect your privacy. If at
practices of this site you can contact:
Peterson IT Consulting
Contact: Customer Service
PO Box 3277
Asquith NSW 2077
Telephone: +61 416 008 612 Fax: +61 2 9987 1491